Re: New file uploaded

At 08:50 AM 9/6/00 -0700, Blake Sobiloff wrote:
>I definitely felt the foot peg feeler scrape first. The peg lifted up
>farther than I've ever felt before (or since), and then suddenly there
>was a strong dragging sensation and sound. This occurred about mid-way
>through a tight, bumpy, left-hand turn uphill.

Well, with your statement of the amount of movement on the footpeg, I would
say your sidestand was probably retracted all the way. Did you check the
leading edge of your centerstand for wear ? Mine doesn't show the wear when
in the up position, but when you put it down, it is quite clear.

After you uploaded the file last night I went out and used a rear stand so
that I could put the side and center stands in the up (riding) position. I
then used a piece of sheet metal to replicate the road surface at an angle.
If the footpeg is at an angle (meaning that it is dragging and pushed up)
it would be possible to drag the points that you show in the picture, but
it looked to me like the centerstand should be dragging as well. The really
impressive thing was how much other stuff was within a fraction of an inch
of dragging......

You had the chance to leave quite the spark trail.......

- - Eric