Re: Footpeg feelers

From: Garrett Johns <garrett.johns@xxxxxxxx>
>Btw those footpeg feelers sell for  $ 18. each

Wow, that's a nice price! FWIW, I am a master machinist, currently employed
at a CNC screw machine shop. I could easily talk the owner of the shop into
having me program, setup, and run off a few hundred for you feeler-eaters.
We would then sell them off at a substantial discount, say $14.95 each.
Additionally, I could machine a few dozen more out of titanium, they'd have
to go for $24.95 each, but the sparks they generate on pavement are well
worth the additional expense.  :-)

Now the real story: I could make the first 200-250 pieces (out of CRS) in
about two hours total. Cold-rolled steel screw machine stock (12L14) is
about $0.25 a pound lately, and the whole batch can be cadmium plated for
pennies. A longer production run, tooled properly, could cut cycle time
nearly in half.

No small wonder why Dave (my boss) has a MasterCraft ski boat, a new truck,
a beautiful home, a 2-place sport plane, a brand new building for his
business, and some nice new Citizen CNC lathes in it. Plus me, and I don't
work cheap. But he is smarter than I am, and is willing to take bigger
risks, so he deserves all he gets.

Ken M.