Re: RS owners: BT-020 info wanted

From: Jim Karl Gagné <jim.jay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>it's true, if you want the best all around tire, milage, grip, ride, wet,
>then go with michelin macadams 90X, next year 100X.

And I can testify as to the 90X's peg-scraping grip on the bumpy, yet dry
pavement of Vermont's Route 17, the "App Gap", as well as a few 90mph +
sweepers on recently re-surfaced Route 100B.

OTOH, I must also point out out that my tread-bare (on the center) BT-020's
with over 9,000 miles on them performed every bit as well. In fact, I think
I got a longer, deeper scraping sound on 17, and a little high-speed tick on
100B  :-)

New BT-020 for the rear is in, going on tomorrow, but alas, the front is now
shot too, so a new one of those is being ordered immediately. I should have
noticed that coming. I had thought I could get a 1:2 or perhaps 2:3 ratio of
rear tire/front tire wear. Not a chance, oh well.

I had a GREAT time riding with Jim and his black ST-mounted friend Robert.
Those Canadiens know how to ride! Good guys to be around, even if Jim has an
occasional low-gravity problem at the front of his red ST.

Ken M.
2000 RS