Re: Engine Damaged by low speed plop-over?

I had a left-side tip-over (0 MPH) and it took about
five minutes of idling and then two minutes of actual
riding before the oil was cleared out of the air
filter (which should be where the smoke is coming
from).

How long have you given it to clear? I'd imagine the
mechanic doesn't want to run the thing very long if
it's indoors.

Good Luck!!

Brian W.
'99 Sprint ST (The Dark Side)

<The bike starts right up, and idles fine.  However,
whenever the
throttle is
blipped, or held under acceleration, a significant
quantity of white
smoke
is emitted.  The mechanic believes this must be either
a cracked head
or, at
best, a head gasket problem, causing coolant to mix
into the combustion
chambers.  There is no noticeable loss of coolant when
running the
engine.

I find it hard to believe that such significant damage
could have
occurred
from a seemingly minor crash.  Does anyone on the list
have any
ideas/suggestions of what (hopefully minor and
inexpensive) thing is
causing
the continued smoking?

Thanks in advance,