Re: Engine Damaged by low speed plop-over?

Previously, you (Brian Wolfe) wrote:
> I had a left-side tip-over (0 MPH) and it took about
> five minutes of idling and then two minutes of actual
> riding before the oil was cleared out of the air
> filter (which should be where the smoke is coming
> from).

The "down" I had last November had my bike on its left side, engine
running for minutes while well-meaning idiots prevented me from getting
up and limping over to hit the kill switch.  As a result a large
quantity of oil backed up the breather tube and into the airbox.  It was
still dripping a bit 3 weeks later!

One thing to look out for is oil dripping down onto the spark plugs.
Might not cause a problem, but it sure makes a mess!

> How long have you given it to clear? I'd imagine the
> mechanic doesn't want to run the thing very long if
> it's indoors.

Yep, give it time then clean the engine.  Then give it longer and do it
again.  Your bike is almost certainly OK, just cosmetically challenged
at the moment.

> Good Luck!!

And seconded.

- --