Re: Avon vs Pirelli

> One is reluctant to fit the Avons because he's had several problems with
> side wall's cracking. The other said that they square off quite quickly.
> Since this was my key criticism of the BT57 rear, which seems to square
> off after 3K or so, I'd rather avoid that.
. I've used the Dunlop 207 which turns nicely. Do the Pirelli's
> really turn that much slower in practice ? I'm also told they are rather
> slow to warm up.

listen mate, 207 do take longer to heat up, Bt57 do square off too soon. so
let's set the record straight once again, if you want the best overall tire,
for top milage, good grip, heats up quickly, top in the rain, then buy the
michelin macdam 90X. ive tried them all, believe me, on different bikes mind
you, and i now have them on my ST, BT 57 lasted a mere 3000 miles, last time
i had 90X they lasted 8000 miles on a YZF 1000 ( trip from pacific to
atlantic and back).( heard other less aggressive rider doing more). on my
90X mounted st, with suspension adjusted, i scraped my pegs and right lower
fairing. i live in canada, so the weather is not as hot as in the south and
they still perform very well and from the get go.

i had michelin TX166 or something ( semi-trail ) on a bmw R1100GS and i
scraped the pegs on that monster ( suspension adjusted ), after that i saw
mate doing the same on a GTR1000(concours) with shit dunlop stock touring
tires, a EX 500 bridgestone exedra same thing. after that and more i
realised that those sticky tires, dont mean squat in the real world, aside
from psychologicly giving confidence.

the 90X may have less feedback, but never let go, so. and also look at the
MCN test, they came in third overall and the other two were sticky tires
that dont last on the road, what does that tell you.

dont make me repeat myself !?! 8^)  jim-karl