Fuel tax in Europe [Was Triumph Screens]

     They are not protesting a tax increase. Rather they are insisting that
     tax be reduced to compensate for the global rise in oil prices.

     The Irish hauliers decided to blockade Dublin today.
     Everyone was forewarned and apparently most people elected to take a
     days holidays rather than suffer the potential frustration.

     The result.......

     The roads were empty this morning and my normal 40 min commute to the
     clients offices took 17 mins!

     I say increase the tax, keep the blocades in place and leave me to
     enjoy the empty streets :)

     Martin,
     Ireland.

     I understand that the gas shortage in Britain is because they
     (transport drivers) are protesting a tax increase. Is that correct?

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software