Re: intro from SF

Thanks to everyone for the kind welcomes and helpful information.

+ crinkling sound from the front end

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm using the best gas (92 octane?) available
at the gas stations I visit. It doesn't sound like any sort of engine
knocking that I'm familiar with. It almost sounds like its coming from the
water/oil cooler behind the front forks. It definitely seems to get better
after the engine is good and warm.

+ whine at power on

Seems to be working itself out. Indeed my first service is fast approaching
at 500 miles. I'll mention it to the mechanic, but I'm guessing this was
just a new bike quirk.

+ storage

Thanks for the tips. Sadly it sounds like BRG panniers are a ways off.
Maybe I can talk my dealer out of a pannier mount so I can at least use the
rear rack until the boxes come in.

+ transmission

The stiff transmission was a bit of a shock, but I can already tell it'll
be nice and smooth after a few thousand miles. I'm looking forward to it!

cheers
matt