Oh what fun, it is to ride...

Well, I did it again last night. Gave myself an ear-to-ear grin on the ST.

Scraped the pegs on both sides for the first time. What a feeling.

Just a little background - I've been riding for 18 years and have owned
mostly standards and dual-sports bikes. I've done some motocross and cross
country racing, so I'm used to catching air and sliding the ass end out on a
bike, but leaning over far enough to scrape pegs on my prior bikes either
involved laying the bike down, or not trying hard at all. My HD gets the
floorboards scraped on a regular basis. It's not that hard to do on the
Harley (actually, I've been scraping them more frequently since I got the ST
- - can you say riding style change boys and girls?).

I was tooling aroung last night and leaned it over a little further than I
normally do and woo-hoo. What a feeling. I need to sign up for a superbike
school now so I can get more comfortable with this newfound smile-generator.

Just wanted to share my little experience with y'all.

BTW - I've had a thought on the relative speed of the different colors.
Theoretically, black is faster at night because of the lack of light
particles being absorbed by the bike. The fact that there are no particles
being absorbed, and the streamlining do to darkness, make the bike faster
than the other colors at night. Red an blue expend energy (which translates
into a horsepower loss) fighting to blend with the darkness.

Frank
'00 ST "BRIT BK" - Faster @ Night
'92 FLHS "Geezer Glide"