oil leak

Hello Marc & All:
	I'm in Philadelphia, so no comments about a dealer I know nothing about.
However, the oil leak is something I may be able to help you with. I started to get a little
spot of oil on the right side, just in front of the side stand  area or so. It slowly got larger
which scared me. I pulled my right belly pan off and took a good look. I noticed that
there was a scorch mark where oil dripped from the block onto my exhaust pipe,
collected in the bottom of the belly pan and then dripped onto the ground. I thoroughly
cleaned the area on the block above above the scorch mark on the exhaust pipe. I located
several pan headed Torx type screws where the leak might be. I turned the engine on
(with the bike on the centrestand) and sure enough, the loose screw started dripping oil. I
put my ratchet with Torx bit in place and tightened the little bugger! No more problem.
The forty minutes invested was worthwhile.
	I highly recommend that you pull the fairings do some cleaning and check for
loose screws/bolts. You just might find a little surprise that you can fix with a twist of
the wrist.
Be safe.

Howard Stephen Serlick
'00 Sexier Blue ST