RE: Insurance Claims

I have, just recently.  My experience went as such.  I called in the claim,
gave all the info, police case number, what happened, Where the bike was
currently.  Waited 4 days had not hear from anyone.  Called on the 5th day,
was told that an adjuster had been assigned.  Was given his name and phone
number and was told to contact him to let him know where the bike was
located.  Also that I needed to fax him a copy of the shop appraisal.
Tried to contact the adjuster for 1 week, only got his voice mail on the
1st ring telling me what times he was taking phone calls (which was usually
when I was calling) and to leave a message with name, claim number and
phone number (which I did).  Never heard from the adjuster, Called the main
number again, they told me that an independent appraiser had been assigned
to the claim and should be out there soon to check out the bike and argue
with the dealership about estimate.  checked at bike shop and on 2nd day
appraiser had finally showed up.  Complained to the shop about the way
things were going with the insurance company (I bought the insurance from
them).  Even though my bike shop is just a sales agent and normally doesn't
deal with the insurance companies for the insured when there are
difficulties, They called up their rep to see if there was anything I could
do.  Rep called adjuster, and bam next day had a call from the adjuster
saying a check for the shops estimate minus my 250 deductable was in the
mail.  and 3 days later it showed up in my mail.  So while it's not as easy
as say with State Farm (my truck insurance co.)  It wasn't terribly
horrific either.  Just need to be persistent.

Lex Offer
2000 Saphire Sprint ST
1986 VF1000 F-2 Bol d'Or