illuminated grip switch

Martin Fay asked how to illuminate the heated grip switch.

Martin,
I happened to be out on a friends boat this summer.  He has a new Yamaha
270hp sport boat with twin 135's under the deck.  I happened to notice
that his dashboard was loaded with half dozen of our heated grip type
switches and they were definintely illuminated.  They are the same exact
switch with different icons.  I imaine you could buy one of these
switches from a Yamaha watercraft dealer and pop the top rocker off and
swap it with ours somehow.  Then all you have to do is decipher how to
hook up the extra terminals for the illumination.  Sounds like not too
big a deal for someone who's up to it.  Maybe this winter....

Jonathan West
95 Trophy 4
97 Trophy 900 (non illuminated heated grip sw)
98 Sprint Sport
99 ST (non illuminated heated grip sw too)
99 955i