Re: Corbin Seat

The Corbin seat as delivered from Corbin is 15" deep. The stock ST
seat is 14" deep. Also the shape of the Corbin is such that one sits
even farther from the bars due to it's bucket shape. Additionally the
Corbin is flatter and one sits a bit lower. Depending on your height
and reach I'd recommend having the seating position moved at least
one inch forward and maybe as much as two inches. When I had my
Corbin made I had them move the seating position an inch forward, in
retrospect I'd should have gone an inch and a half.

Erik

>Has anyone found that the Corbin seat puts them too far from the
>grips?  I was told by the dealer that Corbin will redo the seat if I
>ask them to but, before I want to ask, I wondered if anyone has had
>a Corbin redone to move it more forward?  How did it fit, then?  I
>just got the seat yesterday and didn't want to be too quick in
>sending it back.
>
>P.S. Brett, you mentioned spending a lot of $ on the switch.  I just
>got my hard bags, already have the heated grips and taller
>windshield--then I got my $569 Corbin seat!!  I am married but,
>luckily, my husband doesn't cost anything :)

End of st-digest V2000 #495