RE: st-digest V2000 #496

	As noted by a prior poster, rinsing the gloves with clean water
immediately after a ride will help a lot.  A second thing you can do is to
clean them with saddle soap and/or leather balm.  The damage isn't caused by
acids, is caused by salts.  When the gloves dry out after a sweaty ride, the
salt left behind crystallizes IN the leather, and the deterioration of the
glove is accelerated.  I've seen exactly the same type of damage on numerous
pairs of cycling gloves I've had...

	Do any of ya\'ll know what I can do to prevent this from happening.

	Only thing I can think of that could be causing this, is the sweat
from my hands.
	I\'ve been told that my hands are extremely acidic and after an hour
of riding my
	gloves are usually soaked in sweat (which means I rarely have to
worry about anyone
	wanting to steal them :] )