ST Parts Availability

From: Philip Las Gourgues <philbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
'Subject: ST Parts Availability

That's right the unthinkable happened and I dropped my ST while about 1.5
weeks old :-( The rhs fairings have all suffered varying amounts of damage.
the only one that is actually smashed is the upper fairing that the mirror
mounts into. After a bit of stuffing around by the dealer I finally got a
quote from them which the insurance company immediately approved. However I
have found out that the Triumph distributor is out of stock of fairing
panels for the Blue ST. My dealer is saying that Triumph UK isn't shipping
any parts while the fuel crisis is happening. Has anyone heard the same
thing?

I am considering running the bike without fairings until the new parts
arrive (could be 6 or 7 weeks). Has anyone had any experience doing this?

The other alternative is to get the damaged fairings plastic welded and the
scrapes repaired etc. I am loathed to do this especially since the insurance
company has approved the replacement of the fairings. Has anyone had any
good or bad experiences getting fairings repaired like this?

The only other option I could think of is to try to order the parts from a
shop (possibly overseas, JL maybe?) which is bigger than my local dealer and
may actually carry stock of some parts.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Phil
'00 ST (Blue)
Australia