Re: for Barry - Gen-Mar

> that's why I used the picture with the ignition key in the
> steering -locked position

Doh! So you did. Good idea.

> it might be a Trophy cable

I'll ask my dealer.

> The grip position now is just right for me but the bar angle is
> still not good, angled down too much at the ends. This requires a
> wrist angle better suited to the more basic forms of self-abuse

I have the opposite problem: the original bar angle was fine but too low, the new bars are the right height but the wrong angle ... so I guess maybe I could try Genmars with the original bars? Then I wouldn't need a new cable.

I'm obviously looking for a more, er, 'familiar' wrist angle!

> May have to try Heli-bars.

Let me know if you're selling the Genmars then.

> Wouldn't it have been easier to have just gotten the ST in the
> first place??

Unlike Don I wouldn't have the ST. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but it reminds me too much of my old VFR (been there, done that). Also too 'Japanese' in feel for me. The RS feels more 'European' somehow, like a BMW or Ducati. Besides which, the RS is clearly the superior bike (ducks quickly) ;-)

Seriously though, I just can't stop riding the thing. Even the recent wet weather has me grinning, the thing copes so well with puddles and leaves and mud. I obviously need help! Is there a "motorcyclist's anonymous"?

Barry
Yellow RS (2985 miles in 40½ days)