Re: Gen-Mar

Hi Don

> The RS and ST bars seem to make exactly the same angle
> with the vertical and horizontal so I ended up with the same
> wrist angle only a little further forward and lower

That's odd. The thing about the (UK) ST bars that isn't quite right for me is that they ARE at a slightly different angle. Not quite so backswept and downswept as the (UK) RS bars, whose angle I actually preferred. But not the leaning-forward weight on my wrists. My ideal bars would have the RS angle at the ST height! Oh for Jota-style fully adjustables.

Sounds to me like either the RS or the ST bars may be different in the states. Most likely the RS - the UK 'clip-on' style might be considered a bit too radical for the US. I guess we should check first though ... I'll see if I can measure the difference between my bars in some reliable way, then get you to do the same.

Not the first time we've seen signs of unannounced model differences between countries. To be fair Triumph do caution 'product may vary' or similar, but given the international membership of the Magpie and RS/ST lists some sort of table of differences would (a) save a lot of confusion and argument, and (b) be very interesting in it's own right. Of course Triumph would then have to answer a lot of 'why ...' type questions, and maybe even expose themselves to unnecessary litigation, which I guess is why they don't publicise the differences.

So to summarise: I might still be interested in the Genmars, if you get rid of them.

Barry
00 RS (3080 miles)