Re: aerostich darien vs roadcrafter

>>>>> "vero" == vero  <vero@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

  vero> As winter (and lots of rain) approaches in Seattle, I've decided to get a
  vero> proper all-weather riding suit.  I'm currently thinking the Aerostich
  vero> Darien or Roadcrafter (2-piece).  I'd like excellent performance against
  vero> rain, and as much road protection as possible.  Aerostich's website
  vero> doesn't really state which one is more waterproof.  Does anybody have
  vero> experience with both of these suits?

  Hey Vero, I've got a blue ST here in Seattle, and a hi-viz yellow
one-piece aerostitch.  It actually looks pretty decent on the blue,
don't know about the green.

  The suit, once the seams are watersealed, and keep it freshly
scotchguarded after every washing, is quite waterproof.  We don't get
too many drenching rains like our friends down in Florida; the suit
seems to easily handle the seattle style rain.

  I rode from Seattle to Monterey in a day and a hald, and was
extremely comfortable in mine, so I'd definitely recommend the suits,
they are pretty nice.

  I also discovered that if you have a not-off-the-rack body, they
will do pretty custom suits if you ask really nicely.

- --
- -jong