Re: aerostich darien vs roadcrafter

jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I really like the Darien because I can wear any kind of clothing
> > underneath it, including a suit and tie if need be.  The Roadcrafter
> > is too close-fitting to allow that.
>
>     Surely that depends on the size you go for?

Well, sure, you can oversize and get some extra room, and maybe shorten
the arms and legs a bit (if necessary). However, I think the Roadcrafter
is meant to be pretty tight fitting, like leathers; in fact, Riders
Wearhouse talks about the Roadcrafter as an alternative to leathers.
Yes, they've figured out a way to make it easy to get in and out of,
unlike leathers, but size 40 Roadcrafter still a more snug fit than a
size 40 Darien.

I can wear a suit under my Darien with the fleece liner, although it is
a little snug in the arms. Fortunately, since moving to California I
haven't had to bother with any such silliness. :-)

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA