Re: ST wouldn't start!, RS tire pressures, mirrors for RS Sprint

> I have to confess. I did the run/kill switch thing also
> Fortunately, the next shift was underway

The true bluff-master would of course have quietly switched the switch to
'run', perhaps making it look part of a general check of switchgear,  then
carried on pretending to find and fix the fault under the seat somewhere,
and therefore looking like a master of electrics/mechanics to the impressed
audience!

I try not to use the kill switch, but sometimes have to (when the bike won't
shift out of first at standstill). The greabox is getting steadily better
though, so this is becoming less frequent.

Greabox??

> I've been trying out different suspension settings and tire pressures

Me also. On the suspension I thought I was getting on well with my
experiments until I realised that the bike hadn't been on standard settings
when I got it, so for all I know standard is fine for me. I've now gone back
to standard spec and will try that for a week before fiddling again. On tyre
pressures I've got as far as running 36/42 WARM (not cold), equivalent to
about 34/39 cold, and it's definitely better. 32/38 sounds a little low
though - you might see fast and unbalanced wear that low. 32/34 sounds way
too low. Into easy puncture territory. Let us know!

> Has anyone found any real mirrors

Not yet. But it occurred to me that the way the mirrors fix, you could find
longer bolts and put some sort of spacer under the foot of the bracket, to
get them sticking further out. Might vibrate more. Maybe use rubber? I don't
know when I'll find the time to try it though.

Barry
00 RS (3120 miles)