Brakes? What brakes.

Hey Gang!!!

Well, I've just about had it!   Despite the excellent reputation of
Triumph's brakes in general and the nice stopping power of our trusty STs, I
am growing weary of having too much travel distance before the brakes really
begin to grab.  Bleeding the system is not the problem, as I've checked
that.  Some have mentioned the master cylinder as a culprit.   My biggest
problem is that with any significant bad weather (read road dirt and water),
the calipers stop working well until I clean them, and then I've got good
response for a couple more hundred miles.   After owning a Concours for 10+
years , although I know they weren't up to the performance standards of the
Triumph binders, they never faded and never had to be cleaned -- always
consistent under any weather/road conditions.

I would like as much input from as many list members as possible, as I've
decided to make my upcoming winter project on the 'ol scoot a full front end
brake replacement --- this will surely included new calipers, possibly new
discs and maybe even a new master cylinder.

I know someone had talked about a set of Brembo's.  Did that ever work out?

I would like to know about some high quality aftermarket kit that replaces
the Triumph units (read: I don't want to have to do any machining/adapting)
that will let me stop on a dime and pick it up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lance "Dawgmanaut" LaCerte,   Denver, CO

End of st-digest V2000 #502