Re: aerostich darien vs roadcrafter

  Kathy> Thanks Dee and Paul... I've heard other rumblings that the BMW suits
  Kathy> are pretty nice.  I'll have to go check them out.  Think I may also
  Kathy> call the Aerostitch folks since someone here (can't remember who) said
  Kathy> that if you're nice to them they might make you a custom suit.

  That was me.  I tend to have large diameter thighs and calves, and
needed some extra "not mentioned on the list of changes available"
changes made.  They weren't a problem.  Here is what ended up
happening:

  They sent me the closest stock size they had to what I needed (you
do have to pay for it, but they will then let you return it for the
full amount).  I then measured what needed shortened, lengthened, made
wider, and made narrower.  Then I spent a half hour or so on the phone
double checking my changes with someone and getting approval from
someone at Aerostitch to do the unlisted modifications.

  You then send

  Careful measuring and a willingess to tell them that you will
definitely buy a 'stich if they are willing to help you out seemed to
do the trick.  The woman I worked with (Debbie?  Can't remember
exactly) was extremely helpful.

  Good luck!

- --jong

End of st-digest V2000 #503