Greetings

Hello everyone,

I just signed up to receive the ST digest and wanted to introduce myself.  I
live in Seattle, WA and my ride is a black '99 Sprint ST I purchased (well,
am in the process of purchasing...) in August of '99.  It has 7,000 miles on
it now and is a sweet ride.  For accessories I've got the matching panniers
(no top box... yet...), heated grips (how did I ever live without them?),
Gen-Mar bar risers, Throttlemiester throttle lock, and the CF tank pad.
With the wet roads around here, I am looking to get the hugger and a taller
windscreen (has anyone tried the Zerogravity screens with the ST?).

I've been riding since '92, and am certainly no expert on motorcycles.  I
just like to ride (traveling and commuting) and learn what I can.  If I can
contribute anything of value, I'll throw it out and see if it floats.

Now I've got a question or two for y'all.  I finally got the BMW adapter for
my electric vest (Aerostitch Unobtainium with HeatTroller).  I fired it up
recently just to work and back (15 miles each way) to make sure everything
worked.  It did, and I was nice and toasty.  Unfortunately, the next morning
the battery didn't have enough juice to start the bike.  I'm trying to
figure out where the problem might be.  Unfortunately, I now very little
about electrical systems :-(, but am willing to learn.

On a related note, when I turn off the engine after a ride, the fan starts
up and runs for a few minutes (must be 2 or 3 mins).  Is this normal for the
ST?  Or could this be contributing to the charging issue?

Thanks much!

Regards,
Randal Smith