[ST] panniers

Pretty much all pannier systems are fallible.  I had a friend who had a
pannier fall off a BMW R1100GS while he was cruising at high speed.  C'est
la vie.

Panniers are removable, and that extra linkage is a potential weak spot.
There are so many forces that can be exerted on them, it would be
practically impossible to design a pannier that _could not_ come off
_somehow_.

The only way to have truly bullet proof storage on a motorcycle is to do it
the way the Goldwing, K1200LT, and Pacific Coast do it - integrate it into
the bike and make it nonremovable.

I dare you to try to pick up a cute woman with a Pacific Coast though.  I
dare you.

In the mean time, I would suggest checking those metal tabs carefully before
going on a long trip. They're easy to flex, and pretty much what holds
everything together.  If those are in good shape, the panniers should stay
on fine.

- -Jesse
'00 Sprint ST