crashing sucks/feeling sorry...

Hi Phil,

Sorry to hear about your accident.  I had a very bad one a year and a half
ago and am still far from 100%.  I was hospitilized for a month and in a
wheel chair for four months, finally able to ride again about 6 months later
with lots of pain.  Riding again was a real mind fuck, always worrying if
another senior in an oldsmombile was going to take me out.

My advice and encouragement is to do all you can to speed your recovery.
Follow your physical therapy, take any supplements like gloucosimine, swim,
meditate, etc.  I had rushed to get back on my feet after shattering both
knee caps and reinjured myself requiring a a 4th surgery(!) and possibly a
fifth now(arrghh!!!).  Take the time away from riding to heal and reconsider
how important it is to you.  If it is a love and passion, you will come back
to it soon.  If its just a hobby, consider wether you would risk your life
to collect stamps.

Good luck with your recovery, and I agree with the other lister about
getting a second or third opinion on that shoulder.  I had a bad dislocation
that didn't require surgery(I was told) and it bugs me to this day.

BTW, I also learned that pain pills are delicious with a light red wine like
merlot or pinot noir.  Might want to refill that prescription for a rainy
day.

Ride hard and Crash gently,

Rick the Gimp