[ST] Storage Problems

Keith-A couple of suggestions.If you're laying the bike up for any
length of time there is a product called a  "bike bag" I believe that
you ride the bike onto then zip up with a dessicant container, seals
moisture out. Have no Idea where to find one. Saw it on American Cruiser
on Speedvision.
I don't know if this stuff is available in UK but I use a product called
"Boeshield T-9" which was developed by Boeing Aircraft to coat freshly
machined aircraft parts to insure they don't rust prior to assembly. It
has the Water Displacement quality of WD-40 as well as a thin cosmoline
or parafin (US definiton)substance which remains after the solvent
evaporates. If you store the bike for the winter, a liberal application
on all metal surfaces, easily removed in spring, works great. If you
ride in the weather like I do, just apply to the problem areas with a
Qtip swab and allow to dry overnight. Does wonders.
If you can't find it in UK, try Griots Garage online, they might ship
overseas.

David
'99 ST