Re: [ST] Another Front End Question

At 07:43 PM 4/6/01 -0800, Robert Switzer wrote:
>I may be stupid, but what slider are you talking about? I would like to
>check mine
>before
>warranty is out.

There's a lot of discussion on this about a year ago in the digests. It is
on the Right Hand slider just above the pinch bolts (in line with where the
axle goes through). The imperfection is in the paint under the clear and
upon examination by Triumph was found not to be fatigue. Triumph at the
time was rejecting warranty claims on them, so I was a little surprised to
see that Andrew got his replaced.

It seems to be caused by the pinch bolts as I have never seen it on the
left slider.

- -Eric