[ST] Initial oil change

My dealer suggested to me to change my own oil @500miles, then bring it in
@1000 miles for the initial service.  The option was up to me.  I used
regular oil at 500 miles, then had the dealer switch it over to Mobil 1T at
the 1000 mile initial service.  I'm sure there's a few of you out there that
will say the bike gets out of adjustment by waiting until 1000 miles.  At
1000 miles my Triumph was just as fresh as day one with 2.1 miles on it.
(the initial mileage was from dealer set up).
My belief is that I'm not hurting the bike by changing the oil more
frequently.  The cost for me to change my own oil is pennies compared to
what I paid for the bike.
- ----- Original Message ----- [ST] RE: st-digest V2001 #198