Re: [ST] Initial oil change

>>> Lex Offer <reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx> - 4/9/01 12:13 PM >>>
>I used regular oil at 500 miles, then had the dealer switch it over to >Mobil 1T at the 1000 mile initial service.

According to what I've read and what my dealer has told me. I'd keep my mouth shut about having used regular oil.  My understanding is that the Triumph factory warranty requires that you use the Mobil 1T oil in all oil changes.

Using Mobil 1T is no hardship. It seems to be very good oil. An independent test, again conducted by Motorcycle Consumer News about 8 or 9 years back, rated standard Mobil 1 better than most other motorcycle-specific synthetic oils. If memory serves me it was bested only by Bel Ray EXP and Golden Spectro, and only by a slight margin. On the other hand, standard Mobil 1 costs less than half the price of either of those two brands. Mobil 1T is closer in price to those two brands, but I'll bet it's at least as good, and it still costs a bit less.