[ST] Installing a master link with clip

I bought a couple of 530 master links to fix my 0-ring chain (came off
during ride yesterday). It appears however that it will take way more
presure to press the "plate" onto the link than I can possibly muster with
just a vice-grip or plyer.

I place link in the chain, place plate over link but can't secure the clip
since I can't get the plate "pressed" on far enough to expose the
indendation that the clip fits into.

I thought about trying to press the plate on with a c-clap, but I don't have
one small enough. Is there some sort of special tool for this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jay