Re: [ST] Installing a master link with clip

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Erik Miner wrote:

> Jay if you are installing a chain with a rivet type master link do
> yourself a favor and have it done correctly with the proper tool. I
> can't think of many other things that would be worse to come off at
> speed!!

A friend of mine had a dealership put a new chain on his bike, the
master link or such failed (can't remember the type of the chain),
and it did at least $1000 in damage. Luckily it was on a straight
but he stayed up, they had to replace the rear sub frame, rear rim,
tire, and rear cowling. As well the chain/debris missed his friend,
riding about 2 car lengths behind him by about 2 feet.

I would rather a properly installed patch on a tire start to leak
than a chain break :-)

Tom

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664