From: Trieschmann, Tom H [mailto:Tom.Trieschmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 7:20 AM
Subject: FW: MMSP 2002 Budget

Fellow Missouri Riders,
I received the following e-mail from one of our Missouri Motorcycle Safety
Program coordinators in Jefferson City.  After steady growth and increased
funding for the past five years the Missouri Motorcycle Safety Program
(MMSP) has proven to be a successful and energetic program admired by other
states, and dedicated to educating fellow motorcyclists in the aspects of
motorcycle safety.  In his "great wisdom," new Missouri Governor Bob Holden
has seen it fit to cut the entire MMSP funding for 2002.  This would
essentially eliminate the MMSP as we know it.  While some places could still
continue to provide safety courses (mostly the college campuses), other
threaten to be shut down, plus the courses would no longer be recognized by
the state of Missouri or receive needed funding to keep tuition and
maintenance costs down.

In trying to keep the program alive, our MMSP coordinators in Jeff City
managed to "find" $150,000 in appropriations (about 2/3 of the actual needed
funds) that could be used to continue funding the MMSP.  Now, the Senate
Appropriations Committee has removed that funding.

We need your help.

Please, PLEASE, contact your Senator and the Governor's office and request
that they continue this important program for the safety and future growth
of fellow Missouri motorcyclists.  Websites are below for finding out who
your Senator is and there is a snail-mail address for the Governor's office
(no e-mail address available).  Also, please be sure to let your Senator
know that you are one of his constituents.

Tom H. Trieschmann
MSF Instructor
St. Louis MO
636-925-7710