Re: [ST] for Trevor - bike hire & laguna seca

>frightening on the television <<<

When you see it in person as a spectator, and then see it on TV, you think
that the camera makes it look tamer than it really is.

Then when you get on a bike and try to ride it...  well all I can say is
that Laguna Seca was the first track I ever rode on and that turn scared
the hell out of me. I took the Superbike School back in 1984. This was on
the old course and before they redid some turns and repaved the whole
track. But it is safe to say that the corkscrew was pretty intimidating.
That class only got 20 laps so I never did learn the corner well enough to
just fly on in to it. At least on a bike you can see the horizon. They say
that in a car (especially a sedan) you drop so fast you loose sight of the
road completely. Given that there is always action in that corner, it
really takes balls to just blindly fly into it, knowing there could be a
massive pile-up at the bottom. I actually witnessed a car slide down the
turn on its roof one time!

Matt Knowles - matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (707) 786-4643
http://www.aestheticdesign.com