RE: [ST] High fuel consumption trend

I've also had a seemingly inexplicable decrease in fuel mileage that
started after the 12000 miles service last fall.  They did not load a new
tune at that time and I made no other changes other than switching tires
from Bridgestones to Metzlers.  The bike is running as it always has.  I
was getting around 53MPG (US) and that reduced to around 48.  At 18000
miles this spring I swapped out the chain and sprockets.  I
inadvertently got a 17 tooth front (meant to go with the stock 18).  My
mileage has understandable gone down to 43, though my grin is much
larger.  I have the original non-working, but still non-leaking fuel sender.

Could the tires make that much difference?

Dan Wallander
'99ST