Re: [ST] FI Tunes and Coolant Temperature

All,

I just had the latest (released only to dealers for their evaluation) Issue
version 10 tune put in my RS.  The tune number is 10040 and is for the
aftermarket can (I have the CF can and K&N filter) and is the hottest tune
available.  I had the CO set to 3.25% pretty much per the procedure Neil just
described.  The bike now runs great but is still a little rich at the lower
RPMs and pops a little when releasing the throttle and letting engine
compression slow the bike; I think it sounds pretty good, though.  Besides,
it is very hot here in the Phoenix area in the summer and I thought it was
better to be a little rich than a little lean for engine cooling purposes.
It is very strong in the mid and high RPM range.

You all might recall that I had problems with the Issue 8 tune that was
previously in my bike.  My dealer made it clear that this issue 10 tune is
not officially released from Triumph yet but there were known problems with
some of the issue 9 tunes so my dealer chose not to load any of them in any
Triumph bike.

I am still very happy with the RS but not so happy with my dealer.  Their
Triumph knowledge and ability to get parts is still very poor but they are
working with me and did all this latest work on their own nickel.  BTW, I
have a GREY capped fuel sender and it is still on the recall list from
Triumph.....I am currently waiting for the replacement to come in.

Hope this info is useful to someone.

Randy in Scottsdale, AZ