[ST] Clutch / 1st gear

From: "Ari Haapaniemi" <hapsu@xxxxxxxxxx>

I'd like to know, if the time will heal her or is there a medicine for the
symptom?

*********************************
Ari,

I have just passed the 1k miles mark after 5 weeks on my new ST and have the
same problem. I mentioned it to the mech. at the 1st service and he said it
was probably the clutch that needed some adjustment. Either he didn't do
anything or, what he did made no difference. The only way I can get neutral
at standstill is from 2nd and only then by releasing the clutch slightly and
tapping the lever up and down. This is particularly annoying at traffic
lights. I am taking a few days out over the Easter period and hope to get
some miles in. If it is no better after that, it will be back to the dealer.

Only other prob I can report is the fuel gage registered low after I filled
the tank one time. It was only after the 3rd complete refill that the gage
started to work again.

Other than that everything seems ok and she seems to be getting faster every
day (or is it me)!!

And now for something completely different:

Imagine my surprise when I walked into my local at the weekend and found
Triumph bitter on sale!
The landlord has promised to give me the pump badge (which has the logo and
is in silver and BRG) when the barrel is finished. Unfortunately it's not
going very fast so I suggested he paints the badge RED!!!

Mike McElroy

01 ST Red (Naturally)