Re: [ST] Rats

From: abell06@xxxxxxxx <abell06@xxxxxxxx>
>Rant on---
>Just got the new Torque mag in the mail.  Thanks for lowering the cost
>of 'membership'.
>
>Anyone wanna go on a Rat Raid???
>
>Maybe a Lemming Run??
>
>jeez...Triumph ain't a Harley-Davidson. Pick a new path...
>
>Rant off--

Andrew! Chill. Have you ever gone on one of those R.A.T. events? Me, just
one big one so far, the one that has now been renamed to "Yankee Raid".  It
is what you make of it. In my case, I didn't want to plod along at a snails
pace, so before I even signed up to go, I volunteered to lead rides around
Vermont hills for those wanting a "sporting pace". Peter welcomed the idea,
and I'm doing the same thing again this September.

Lemme tell you something mang....those two Candiens who showed up for the
Saturday ride, Jim-Karl and Robert-Andre, along with yours truly, we had a
friggin BLAST!! On Sunday, no other sportriders were around, so I rode with
the other group. Nice change of pace. Toward the end of the ride, I knew the
road ahead was kick-ass nice, so I motored on ahead. A fellow on T-Bird
Sport bit (a local guy), and we played cat-and-mouse for some great miles.
Doug could ride his bike jest fine, though he did say I was "pulling him
through the corners", whatever that means.

That whole event was so far from a H.O.G. event that the dribble from their
beer keg would take a 100 light-years to reach us. Don't knock it (R.A.T.
events) 'til you've tried it. Especially if I've got anything to say about
it. heh heh

Ken M.