[ST] re: The proper way

Subject: [ST] The proper way

>What is the best way to get the whole bike off the >ground to removal
>both wheels? I am thinking of modifying my old
>harley lift to raise the Sprint, ...

Andrew,

Use the centrestand. Use a tiedown from the rear grabrail down to "something" at ground level to pull the back of the bike down until the front is off the ground.

If you dont have a "something" you could put a dynabolt in the floor & use that.

This way you dont need to remove the fairings or anything. I think you will have trouble finding somewhere else to lift the bike by anyway. I could not jack the front up under the motor due to all the oil lines in the way of the likely places & the exhaust is not centered or in the right spot to use either.

Darren Mason.
2000 ST
Melbourne, Australia.