Re: [ST] A real good day (long)

Andrew B. wrote:
>Well, the internet emails turn to flesh and blood,  and the rubber meets
>the road. Now that you're scratching your noggin wodering what tha ....
>I meet up with KenM and Gregg this morning in springfield then went for
>a little ride. Nice road guiding Ken, we kicked some serious tail and
>got to the Triumph meeting at a great diner at the junction of Rt23 and
>the Taconic Parkway in New York. Ate great food, chewed the fat. Then
>rode home. A great day.
>
>Looking forward to doing it again.

I also had a great time! I was great to meet both of you, great riding.
Today was the first time I'd ridden those roads, and some of those sections
of Route 57, the twisty stuff going up some mountain-like bump, were *very*
cool. I could imagine some peg-scraping action if I wasn't riding two-up.

I'm glad you both got a chance to meet my friend Peter. Very interesting
fellow, with 8 of his 20 bikes being Hinckley Triumphs. If you didn't
notice, he as his eye on a yellow RS, but upgrading his two 885cc Tigers to
the 3rd generation 955's will come first. Very interesting, well-connected
fellow.

Sprint RS/ST content: Of the 14 bikes that showed up at the Martindale Chief
Diner, 12 were Hinckley Triumphs, 1 a Ducati M750, the other was Peter's
Yamaha TDM850 (his "winter" bike). Of note was the fact that there were 5
Sprints. and 4 of those were Sapphire Blue ST's! Very popular color. The 10
bike contingent from Manhattan consisted of several Daytona 955i, a couple
of T509 Speed Triples (all sporting under-seat exhausts and other squid
equipment), a T-Bird, a T-Bird Sport (cool bike) and a 1200 Daytona...sans
fairings. A great showing of all kinds of Triumph hardware, none appeared to
be unused driveway jewelry.

Our ride home had just one surprise. I saw a sign for a cutoff road on 143
to get to 9. Bad idea. It was laden with sand, some of which matched the
color of the road, all of which was treacherous. Greg & I adjusted speeds
downward, and endured the sandblast to the lowers. Sorry 'bout that Greg.

I was not really surprised by the competent riding of all. These bikes do
help make us better riders. No issues at all, just good fun, semi-spirited,
safe riding. I had a total of just under 300 really nice miles for the day.
Thanks a LOT, Greg and Andrew, for making it a great day.

Ken M.

P.S. - Thanks also for being so nice to my son Brian. He does like to talk &
ask questions.