New Owner

Hi all,

Over the last few months I have been lurking in the background of this mail
list and would like to thank all the members for their assistance in helping
me decide on purchasing a Triumph.  For months I was undecided as to which
motorcycle to purchase a Triumph ST or Ducati ST4.  Well last week I took
delivery on a 2001 BRG ST.  I live in Wisconsin and have been riding for
about 30 years.  My last 2 bikes were a 1996 900RR and a 1992 Kawasaki
Concours.  What I was looking for in a new bike was something with the best
features of those motorcycles and after about 600 miles it seems the ST was
the right choice, lighter and more flickable than the Kawasaki and more
comfortable than the Honda.  I got my ST fitted with side panniers, triumph
pipe, higher windscreen and heated grips.  All seem to work well, the
suspension takes all but the worst pot holes relatively smooth and I don't
think there is excessive dive when braking hard.  Now I haven't had much
opportunity to push the bike very hard as I am still running it in, but it
seems to have decent acceleration.  I am most impressed by the sound, that
triple sounds great with the Triumph pipe.  The only thing that I am
slightly disappointed in is how easy the tank paint can be marred just from
rubbing by my pants and the tranny is still a bit stiff but I know that will
just be a matter of time.

Jim Bykowski
Racine, WI
2001 "mean greeny" ST