[ST] A possible ride for the East Coast Rallye

Howdy,

	Last year, we all went to the Gap. Unfortunately, we got
really close to an awesome ride but did not actually get to do it.
Fortunately for me, I got there a week before the rally and did get
to do this ride. There is a stretch of road that runs from
Robbinsville, NC., to Tellico Plains, Tn., known as the Cherahola
Skyway. It is 55 miles long. The bad thing is that it does not lend
itself well to doing a loop route. However, it is worth riding
about 25-30 miles out and back. The pavement is far far far better
than the gap (borderline perfect actually), the riding more like
the Blue Ridge Parkway, and it is simply beautiful. Any of you
locals obviously know what I am talking about. Dave "Bird Dawg"
Viosca and I came back from the rally that way last year and the
ride was a blast. I believe the road is NC Hwy 143 on the North
Carolina side and Tn Hwy 165 on the Tennessee side. There are few
if any side roads and little to no traffic at all. I did this road
around midnight under a clear sky with a full moon the first time
on it. It even has the nifty little reflectors in the center of the
road. That ride is one I will never forget!
	Anyway, just food for thought for anyone planning the
routes.

Adios,

Scott Friday
98-VFR800@xxxxxxxxxxxx