[ST] long trip suggestions

       Hey STers,

  I live in Seattle, and one of my fiancees friends is getting married in
New Jersey at the end of May.  I'm thinking of doing a mini tour of the
US, starting in Seattle and going through at least these two towns:
State College, PA (on the way back to seattle), and Albuquerque, NM on
the way out.

  I've got a friend coming from Monterey CA, joining me for the run
across AZ to New Mexico, but will be making the rest of the trip by
myself, unless folks want to hook up, especially on the long haul from
PA back to Washington State (hint hint!)...

  I'll probably head down to Nevada, and then cut across AZ to NM, and
then angle up for the long haul to the east coast.  I don't have
highways picked out yet, as I'm just starting to plan it.

  I'm figuring I can average 400 miles a day (I've done longish trips
with 600 miles a day, and my derriere is in serious pain by the end of 2 or 3 of
these days, so I'm dropping the number!), and I'm planning on mostly
slabbing it, unless there are nice state routes that run the way I am
going.  According to mapquest, slabbing it puts me in at a hair under
6500 miles total.

  Does anyone have suggestions as to routes to avoid, snow/ice
conditions in passes in mid-late may?  I've never done a trip this long,
and I'm looking for some advice, aside from getting some touring tires
put on a couple days before I leave...:)

- --
python -c "print __import__('base64').decodestring('am9uZ0BzZWFvdHRlci5jb20=')"