[ST] ST starting problems

Hi Listers,
Remember me?  Have been lurking for months due to a knee operation in Jan and the wettest winter on record. Its still cold and wet in the Rhine valley....
meanwhile I tried to start the ST yesterday, after 3 months under cover in the underground garage (warmish, dry).
The battery stil had some charge but even turning for 20 sec there was no sign of sparking.
I recharged the battery and after reconnecting it the ECM/EFI computer light (yellow) is now permanently on.
I suspect after 3 months its the fuel that's gone bad, as Ludo found with his, so I will drain the tank and refill (fortunately just 200m to the nearest garage).
Is the ECM light being on just an indication of the battery being disconnected or something more serious?
Any other reasons why it won't fire?  My mate suggested it has simply forgotten the programme curves?!
thanks for any advice.
Jonathan