RE: [ST] long trip suggestions

Otterboy,

It looks like your path will take you right through my town, State College,
PA.  You didn't say which part of Jersey you were headed for, so that
changes which main road you'll take into Jersey.

Once you pick up 40 in Arizona, take that the whole way to Knoxville, TN,
where you jump onto 81.  81 will take you into PA, and depending on your NJ
destination, you'll jump on 76 (Toll) towards Philly, 78 through Allentown,
PA, or 80, towards Trenton/New York City.

On the return, if you are in Northern Jersey, you'll want 80 west, for State
College isn't far off 80.  If you end up returning on 76 (Toll), you'll want
to jump on 322 West near Harrisburg, PA.  322 will take you right into State
College.  Look me up.  I'll show you around town, and can probably offer a
place to spend the night (just have to check with SWMBO first).  Rt. 80 will
take you all the way to Chicago, and there, you can do the Rt. 90/94 combo
all the way home to Seattle.

My brother lives in Albuquerque, and currently rides a Hawk GT.  He's
looking to pick up a used Sprint ST, ST1100, or Intercepter by mid June. If
anyone is interested in trading a bike for Stereo Gear, let me know.  My
brother is a high end audio dealer in Albq. (shameless plug).  He might be
interested in hooking up for a short ride also.

It's too bad your timing is off by about a month.  On June 19-23, the Honda
Hoot is going on in Knoxville, TN, and the Triumph Trailer will be there.
Also, on June 22-24, Rolling Thunder is on at Johnstown, PA, and though the
Triumph Trailer will not be there, the local dealar at Winder PA will be
hosting several activities, including demo rides, camping, and group rides.
They are a great shop, and come highly recommended.

- --Joel

joel.ashman@xxxxxxxx