Re: test rides(Re: [ST] still wishy-washy)

>Admittedly, no.  But that's another selling point for Triumph.  The
>triumph dealer told me to come back whenever I wanted to ride their demo
>bike (allbeit an RS, but close enough).  The honda salesman said they'd
>let me demo it once I had my financing lined up and had decided to buy,
>but right before I signed on the dotted line.

Personally, I refuse to buy from a dealer with that attitude. If I'm going
to spend 10K+ on an item, I want to try it out first, and there shouldn't
be any strings attached, other than showing a valid license with a
motorcycle endorsement and possibly proof of insurance.

When I bought my Katana, I bought it from a dealer in Gilroy, 30 miles away
even though there were two dealers closer because they were happy to
provide me with test rides. (One dealer wouldn't even quote me a firm price
until I signed. Walked out of that shop and have never returned.) The
Gilroy dealer let me try the two bikes I was interested in at the time and
the test ride made up my mind very quickly.

When I was shopping for the Katana's replacement, I went to a Honda dealer
and test rode a VTR and a VFR. Then later that day I test rode the ST. The
test ride clinched it for the ST of course.

Maybe your Honda dealer is aware that if you can actually compare the two
bikes, he's going to lose a sale. ;^)

Matt Knowles - matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (707) 786-4643
http://www.aestheticdesign.com