[ST] re: test rides (was: still wishy-washy)

FWIW: When I was looking for a new bike it boiled down to the ST and
the VFR. I rode both a couple of times. I liked the VFR.. a lot! But
after riding the ST I was hooked I found the power more, and more
usable, I really, really wanted factory hard bags ( and heated grips
etc) not the fugly tacked on looking Givi's and the clincher for me
was that the ST cost me 75% less per year to insure! About $375.00 vs
about $1600.00 I also and not to be too snobby didn't want to ride
the same thing as everyone else. In fact I've lost count of the
Harley riders who've come up and talked about Triumphs with me. I
doubt that would have happened with a VFR. As for the ride between an
RS and an ST the handling on the RS will be a bit lighter but the
acceleration maybe better on an ST especially if the RS has the
taller gearing..

Erik