Re: [ST] hrm, may have to get an RS

<snip>
>Plus, my local dealer has 3 leftover 2000 RS's in stock, and they're
>already marked from 9500 down to $8500, and I get the feeling they'd let
>them go for less than that.
>
>Does the RS have the option for heated grips?
>
>Any other ST over RS things I've forgotten?

Brian,

Yes, I put the heated grips option on my RS. Very nice. I also have the
"Sport Panniers", which work wonderfully for the long weekends I
occasionally do. I can say I've been caught in drenching rain, and with the
attached rain covers, zero leaks in either the panniers or the tank bag.

At 13 months and 13,000 miles, it gets better all the time. Fits me like a
glove, and with break-in done right, it's as smooth as glass. Despite some
reports here of notchy transmissions, mine is every bit as smooth as the
best Suzuki's I've ridden. Very light touch to the shifter does it. Doesn't
burn a drop of oil. The infamous "leaky fuel sender" reared it's ugly head
once last summer, hasn't wept once since that day. Might have simply been a
bit of fuel in the vent or overfill tube.

I was going to, but never did add the center stand. If I'm already scraping
the side stand, the center stand would just be more ground bits. So I bought
a Lockhart Phillips swingarm stand for 1/2 the price of a center stand.

Those leftover prices are great. I'm semi-jealous, because I paid $10,050
for mine with tank bag, panniers, and belly pan. But I have NO regrets about
having bought it. None. Buy it and enjoy!

Ken M.