Re: [ST] Re:Manual

>their business is selling bikes, not books.  better data makes for
>happier customers, _especially_ when they have a limited dealer network.

While I would be really happy if they were selling their manuals for less
than $25 (I haven't ponied up for one yet, just can't justify $100) Triumph
is in the business of selling books, just as they are in the business of
selling boots, pants, jackets, hats, etc. It all goes to their bottom line
and hopefully keeps them profitable.

However since I know it doesn't cost them anything close to $100 to print
the book, it seems that they would sell a lot more of them at a more
realistic price and probably make just as much money. Not to mention
customers such as myself wouldn't feel like we were being ripped off.

Matt Knowles - matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (707) 786-4643
http://www.aestheticdesign.com