[ST] Cost of service manual

From: "Paul Fox" <pgf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> > However since I know it doesn't cost them anything close to $100 to
print
>  > the book, it seems that they would sell a lot more of them at a more
>  > realistic price and probably make just as much money. Not to mention
>
> i guess my real point is that if they have to charge $100 because they're
> not actually in the book business, and because the distribution is really
> quite expensive, then they're using the wrong distribution mechanism.  on
> the other hand, if the book _doesn't_ cost them anything like $100, then
> they're ripping us off.  . . .

The Triumph service manuals are not cheap but well written and full of
information.  If you like to work on your bike, just changing all of the
fluids yourself twice will pay for the manual.

By the way, in 1987 a service manual for a Ford Mustang was $70 and a
service manual for my 1999 BMW R1100S was $125.  I don't think Triumph is
making a killing on their manuals.

John Westcott
San Antonio, TX