[ST] Repair Operation Manual

Thanks for all your responses.  Looks like if it is in my dealers hands by
tomorrow morning I'll fork over my $99+ tax.

I would like to throw in a few comments in response to some of the points
brought up in the answers to my original post.

1) I was asking for feedback not to question Triumph of America's pricing
but rather my local dealer.  Some dealer's start with MSRP and then adjust
upward for whatever they can.

2) While I am sure that it is VERY expensive to write/produce the ROM it is
an expense that is part of the development of the bike.  The dealers must
have access to it in order to fulfill service and warranty obligations.
Therefore there is NO incremental cost other than publishing to Triumph.  In
fact the original cost of writing/producing should have been
capitalized/expensed as part of the development of the bike itself and as
such amortized/recovered from the sale of each and every bike, whether or
not any consumers purchase any manuals at all.   My understanding of the
publishing industry in England is that it is the best in the world as far as
small run/technical information.  I would think that this would mean that
the incremental cost to Triumph would be in the neighborhood of $10-15 for
the ROM.  If the ROM could be put onto a CD the publishing cost would drop
to about $1.00-1.50.  This would allow retail pricing of about $10 and still
allow Triumph (and the rest of the food chain) to maintain their margins.
What I really don't understand is the archaic methodology employed in the
parts departments by using fiche instead of CD and why it is not available
to the retail consumer.

3) Shit why don't I give myself a break already....tax season is over.

Eric (soon to be "Tax Dawg"

'00 ST Blue

End of st-digest V2001 #232